A handbag is also known as purse or a pouch or a pocketbook. It is also known as the medium which is to be handled or a large bag which is found in the fashionable attire. It is described to be used to keep the women personal things.
Handbags also known as purses refer to the small bags which are used for keeping coins and dollars. FOR Britishers it is known as the coinbag. A handbag is specially used for keeping large articles or safety articles or special things of women which can be carried away easily wherever they wanted. It is more useful to take away the emergency articles. In US both the names are used simultaneously. In the early 1990’s the word handbag came into the emergence as earlier only men’s hand luggage was often used. Later on the women handbag fashion grew and it was become more complex at that time. You can use a handbag as a formal as well as fashion accessory.
Purses before were only made in the leather which was a soft fabric and they were used in Europe just to keep the coins. There the purses were also used by the men. One of them if you could see was the Scottish Sporran which is at the survival. Some women’s and girls used to do the stylish embroidery on those bags to make them look more beautiful and stylish. Later in the 18th century the fashion and style changed and there emerged new styles of bags as well as the new fabrics. There was a need of emergence of the new light and perfect leather bags with cool and good appearing designs. There were not too bulgy and untidy in looks. There was a change in the fabric the leather turned into the silk or the velvet. The straps got the look of spaghettis and wrists straps. Also there came a new style indispensables and the trend for men changed. For men the purses changed to the wallets and pocket purses which gave the best look into the trousers.
Besides the purses the other styles such as clutches, pouches, tiny handbags came into existence in England when the Industrial Revolution took place. There was an increase in the travelling from one place to another which demanded the use of the purses and the bags. The different types of the purses, hand suits, bags, cases, trunks came into existence as the need for these styles came in demand.
Later in the 20th century due to the WORLD WAR II the rationing of the textiles led the change in the manufacturing of the handbags and they were tailored in the fabrics of raffia or crochets derived from the yarns. There were many ladies who crocheted the handbags on own with different styles and trendy fashions.
Some other familiar bags such as carpet bag, traveler’s bag and other set of luxury bags came into existence due to this revolution. Also the latest Tote or clutches were produced and the name changed from the traveler’s bag. Still there are many other ancient and vintage style of handbags are available in Amsterdam kept in the museum however these were criticized by the others as they were heavy and could break the back of a women. Other than these the latest more which were discovered were the new hook waist velvet body purses. The Crocodile skin handbags also came into the fashion in England latest.
Handbags or Purses are one of the fashion accessories and as our silhouette they can be also categorized according to their style, look and the type of handle. Here are some of the popular bags styles which you can check as of now.
1. Bucket Bag- It shapes like a bucket and is a medium or large size. It has shoulder straps and also a drawstring fastening.
2. Bowling Bag- This is a retro kind of a style used for younger women. Once modeled is it used to carry bowling balls.
3. Baguette- This shapes like a rectangular as if a French loaf of a bread and has a small and narrow shape.
4. Barrel- It’s a closed tube with barrel like shape and has shoulder length straps.
5. Clutch- Clutches are very modern designs with or without out handles and are found in various shapes and styles. Often used as evening bag are seen in classic style or designer style or may be studded. These are available in various fabrics. Can be used as casual or corporate event.
6. Drawstring- These styles of purses are available with the drawstring or may have wrist or shoulder strap and peculiar has a purse that closes with the drawstring.
7. Doctors Bag- This style of bag was introduced during the Victorians era and this is doctor’s bag for making calls or visits.
8. Hobo- This is a modern silhouette style bag with a zipper top and often has a dip in the center and is crescent shape.
9. Half-moon shaped style is also one the silhouettes. They have zipper fastening.
10. Kiondo- This bag style emerges and is well known from Korea. That is a hand-woven bag crafted with sisal and leather trimmings.
11. Lighting Hand Bags- Some of the handbags has got lighting systems are these styles. In 2011 the first successful handbag among these came into existence.
12. Muff- Its is one of the winter bags crafted from the wool, faux fur, or may be velvet which has zippered panels and slip opens.
13. Minaudiere- It is a kind of the evening bad in rectangular shape which is used for hard bodice. Also this is sometimes inside a soft fabric which has sleeves.
14. Messenger Bag- That is a bag with long strap and worn cross body. These are inspired by the urban style messengers and used by the postman’s or other delivery services to send mails.
15. Pouch- Pouches are the small bags with a pocket or money bag or sporran or else a teabag.
16. Pocketbooks- The pocketbooks are the small purses in the rectangular shapes and styles.
17. Satchel- Satchels are usually made from leather and are soft sided bags.
18. Saddles- These are the horse saddle style and combine the motifs or hardware or studs to get the great design.
19. Trapezoid – As the name suggests the style and the shape is unlike trapezoid and tailored from stiff material.
20. Tote- These are the modern style bags with two straps and open fastening top. These are large in size.
It depends upon your style, use and fashion what you select as your best accessory. So get grab one of your desire online.