A belt is simply said to be a band or a strap which is flexible formally crafted from leather or any type of heavy clothing. Typically it’s said that leather belt is used for holding of men pants however now leather belts has been a fashion and in modern time leather belts served to be the decorative wardrobe. Leather belts now are found in carious designs and types such as classic belt, duty belts, dress belts, studded belts, leg belt, breast belt, utility belts and mane more types of leather belts are available.
Leather Belts are one of the top accessories among all wardrobes for both men and women. They add a stylish element not only over the pants but also add an extra beauty over the stylish and trendy dresses. Leather Belt is that one accessory which is to be found trusted for men to get a perfect waist size.
Leather Belts are made from various types of leather such as lamb leather, buffalo leather, cow hides etc. They are molded and or tanned in several colors given shines and textures to give them perfect look and make them look lustrous over your wardrobe.
So to maintain the beauty of our leather belts it’s us to take care of them and maintain the skin properly. Leather breathes and it’s the soft material like our skin. Here are some of the vital steps that can be used:
1. Opt a hanger: Always keep your belt on a hanger. Hang it up just like your clothes and do not roll it loop instead. Do not keep your belt in a drawer. As told earlier leather breaths so allow the leather some extra space and allow it to breathe.
2. Condition your belt: Use a leather conditioner to maintain the shine of your leather belt. The life expectancy of your leather belt depends upon how you treat it and keep it. Leather conditioner acts as a leather nourisher and it maintain the leather getting damaged due to changes or moisture in the air. Use a leather belt as an investment as it works longer with any kind of wardrobe you wear. You just need to squeeze a certain amount of conditioner on a piece of a cloth and rub it along the both sides of your belt. Allow it to dry and you will see the change after few hours.
3. Always keep a spare: Rotate your belts among two or three every time. Do not just keep a single belt along with you. Keep a number of two- three belts unlike your shoes so that they do not fade away quickly. When you are done keep off the belts from your pants and do not let it bend with your pants on hook.
4. Cleaning: One of the most important activities to keep your belt shiny and maintained. Leather after sometimes start stinking and gives an odor. So to get rid of this odor you require cleaning the belts. Scrub your leather belt over both the sides with lightly soap on the banister brush and let it rinse after it’s done. Dry your leather belt once cleaned up clearly. Use your hair dryer to this and make sure you keep ample space while you do this.
5. Dryness: Always keep your leather belt dry and do not let it wet due to any circumstances. It lessens the life of your leather belt. Whenever your leather belts comes into contact with water or any other liquids quickly dry it of using a soft towel or with dryer or you can keep it for drying out. You may even add some type of leather oil into its surface. You can try to cover your leather belt with shirts or wardrobe during rains.
During summers mostly avoid the usage of leather belts for long time. Leather belt may get ruined if it comes into contact of moisture due to sweat. If you find you leather belt getting into such mess then make sure you clear your leather belt surface. Also the suns heat can damage the leather belt surface. Avoid getting your leather belt direct into the sun and save the surface from getting into damaged.
6. Sizing: Sizing in a leather belt matters a lot. Make sure your leather belt is way up proper to your waist size. Do not get a leather belt is way off bigger than your waist. Check the size chart properly and match yours to get the correct measurement. If you fail to get the correct size it will result in getting lines and creases over the belt which will later on damage the leather belt. Always select a neutral color for the leather belt so that it gives an exotic look.
Leather belts are now easily available online and even in stores with a wide range of colors, styles and textures. So grab one which will suit your style and wardrobe. Indulge yourself in style.